As promised, I will be sharing various recipes on my blog!
I love to cook and definitely enjoy a nice meal out, but sometimes I just want to cook a fancy homemade meal, which is exactly what I did a few days ago! Adam suggested a simple steak and mashed potato dinner and then we found a Paleo recipe mashed potatoes (since I am still currently doing the Whole 30 program).
For dinner, I ended up making the Paleo mashed potatoes, grilled sirloin, with a side of baby carrots.
The recipe for the mashed potatoes below was adapted from the following recipe: https://paleoleap.com/pesto-mashed-potatoes/
Pesto Paleo Mashed Potatoes – Serves 3
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cube the potatoes, add them to a large saucepan of boiling water, and boil the potatoes for about 15-18 minutes (or until they can easily be pierced with a fork).
- Strain the potatoes. In the same saucepan over a low heat, melt the coconut oil and add the minced garlic.
- Place the potatoes back in the saucepan and begin to mash the potatoes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, adding more if you desire a more creamy consistency for the mashed potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are fully mashed, mix in the pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the steak, I bought a sirloin steak but any piece of steak should work well. I used the seasoning in the image below to generously season the steak. Then I used an indoor grill that keeps track of temperature and when the steak is done to grill the steak. (I have never actually used an outdoor grill myself but I will definitely report back if I do end up trying it sometime soon!)
Grilled steak with pesto mashed potatoes and carrots